The hydrocarbon separator reduces the pollution risks of natural middle and the sanitation structures fatigue by the wastewaters treatment or rainwaters.
The wastewater or rainwater are collected in the hydrocarbon separator. Then, the tank separates the water from the hydrocarbons by a purifying system. The effluent is thereafter rejected in collective sewerage network.
The hydrocarbon separator characteristics
Built in fiberglass reinforced polyester, the oil separator becomes stainless and insensitive to corrosion. It is composed a high mechanical resistance guaranteeing durability over time. Polyway proposes you a standard sizes range going from 3 up to 75m3. Also, we offer tailored solutions adapting to your needs.
The liquid temperature in the dispositive is to 77°F with a pH to 5.5 -8.
On the hydrocarbon separator, you will find different components:
- (1) A storage tank;
- (2) An access hatch (manhole) with or without extension;
- (3) An access hatch cover of permanent formwork/fail protection system;
- (4) Loaded wastewater/stormwater inlet;
- (A) Settling area: sludge falls to the bottom of the tank, the oil-loaded water flows into the second compartment;
- (5) Sludge scraper: retains the sludge in the settling compartment: the water passes through the partition
- (6) Lamellar coalescing filter: the heavier hydrocarbons stock to the blades of the filter and fall to the rank bottom; lighter hydrocarbons rise to the surface;
- (7) Retention blade: retains the light hydrocarbons on the surface of the water;
- (8) Treated water outlet with automatic closure (level indicator float);
- (9) Flushing pipe: suction of oil retained at the bottom of the tank.
For the aboveground installation of this tank, Polyway applies a top coat protectant to external aggressions.
The oil separator utilization
The separator installation allows treating the water in separating hydrocarbons and the water in the aim to rejects them in the city network.
We can find these devices in the car washing areas or industrial zones. It’s possible to set up a hydrocarbon separator in petrol stations, garages or car parks. To finish, the oil separator can be used for the catering or hospitality.
The separator installation
For the tank transport, it must be put on the trailer with holds. It must be ensured that there are no sharp protuberances.
The polyester is a light material easing the handling, implementation and modularity of the installation.
The solution is buried or above ground to horizontally or vertically. Polyway offer to twin several tanks. The anchoring is ensured by straps or polyester cribs.
If you wish more information on the installation, check the installation notice of product!
The treatment device maintenance
According to installation type, a grease film can to form on the interior surface of the tank. To avoid the odor problems, Polyway recommends you to apply a water jet on the whole of surface. It is recommended to control regularly the condition of different accessories installed in the tank.
If you wish more information concerning the hydrocarbon separator, contact us or check its sheet.